We at Fairbury Public Schools believe the health, safety, and well-being of our students and staff are our top priorities. With the decision to close school, we put together some suggestions for keeping things calm at home.
- Maintain a schedule. Remember we all need predictability to stay calm but kids especially need routine and predictability. Maintain a regular bedtime, wake-up time and meal time. Covid At-Home Daily Schedule
- Limit electronics. Instead of allowing electronics to fill your day, organize your day so electronics is part of but does not dominate your daily schedule.
- Reframe what’s happening. Instead of focusing on fear and things that could go wrong, focus on time to slow down, time to spend with your family, time to do things for others, etc.
- Schedule time to be active. Go outside, walk your dog, do some yoga or exercise.
- Maintain social distance. But you can still call your friends or facetime with your friends.
Ultimately there is no right or wrong way to do this other than follow the guidance of social distancing. So do your best to do things we know work (the suggestions above) but be kind to yourself, do your best and take care of you and your family.